Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Stay at Home Cat Mom : Literary Roses Wreath


I got lots of requests for a tutorial for how to make this wreath that adorns Michelle's and my Love Nest! The good news is it's super easy, the bad-ish news is it can be time consuming.

Materials Needed:

Wreath of choice (I got mine at Michaels)
A book you feel like destroying (I used an embarrassingly sexist devotional from my Former Fundamentalist years)
Hot glue gun (or if you want to make it difficult for yourself, craft glue)
Scissors

See! So simple and maybe the only thing you need to buy is a wreath!

Making the roses: 

I didn't take any pictures while I was cutting my roses, but I used this blog post as a jumping off point. Basically you want to cut a spiral from a square-ish space. I held together three pages at once to make my roses extra fluffy.

When you get to the center of the spiral, leave a roundish blob at the tail (all my directions are ish-y because I am an imprecise crafter). Roll the spiral from outwards towards the center, letting the petals stagger on the outside. At the spiral's end, get your glue and use that roundish blob tail to plug the center of your rose. Using hot glue will be infinitely simpler and less frustrating than my experience with tacky craft glue. 


Eventually you will have a sizable amount of roses and you will be laughing at the naive idea of covering an entire wreath in these time suckers. 

Then you hot glue them to your wreath! Seriously that's it. 


Don't forget to arrange them not just on the direct front of the wreath but also a little on the insides and outsides. 

My blogging has slowed down because I started my new job (yay!) and my laptop from Peace Corps crashed (boo!). That's also why the blog might be shoddily formatted at times (wtf , the app can't insert hyperlinks and paragraph formatting?!). I update near constantly on Instagram with my outfits, meals, and cat pictures. So you should look me up there - @emilyandherself - if you haven't already. 

Cheers and HAPPY FALL and Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive