Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Stay At Home Cat Mom - An Introduction

Welcome to one of my few niches of internet presence. I'm Emily, a recently returned Peace Corps volunteer (Indonesia 2012 - 2014), a loud mouthed feminist, eagle eyed thrifter and currently a funemployed stay at home cat mom. I live with a tiny candle hoarder (but not a hoarder of tiny candles) who has been my roommate since college, and her cat.


He's very handsome. 


I care a lot about social justice, reading, practicing mindfulness, and DIY culture. I dislike wasteful paper products, rape culture, and dry skin. 

I prefer to make things myself before buying something, and if I have to buy it there's no way I'm paying full price. I'm a sassy drunk. I consider myself a fat babe body acceptance warrior, and I was published in Hot and Heavy: Fierce Fat Girls on Life, Love and Fashion. I don't think there's much more you need to know.

So, this blog is for chronicling my re-acclimation to the United States, setting up my first real apartment, and whatever else tickles my fancy. I'll definitely be posting about cooking in our petite kitchen (see One Counter Cooking), and what I've recently thrifted and crafted, and my unqualified opinions on literature and foreign policy. Check out my various social media accounts for obsessively curated images, music, and links.

Peace, Love, and Pizza
Em

1 comment:

Blog Archive